5K Open Water swim training plan - Intermediate 12 Week
We at SISU Racing are passionate about giving you the best swimming experience possible.
With this in mind, we have specially designed a swim training plan for you. This includes detailed swim training plans for you and also other “out of the water” tips.
We strongly believe that excellent preparation is vital so that you can make the most of your race. Please feel free to get in contact with us beforehand if you have any specific queries.
Below you will find a 12-week specific training plan that should get you ready for some great open water swimming. Within this 12 week plan, there will be technique specific drills and drills that use swimming aids such as kickboards, pull buoys and paddles.
There is also some non front crawl swim sets which are essential to give you the full balance of swimming and to make you a more complete swimmer. We have gradually increased the number of sessions per week leading up to your race, however this will be dependent on individuals, so don’t worry if you cant fit in as many sessions as suggested.
We do however recommend that you do at least 2-3 sessions a week as a minimum to get the best from your race.
SISU Racing Online Training Plans are super time-efficient, easy to follow, and based on the most cutting-edge training methods.
What You Get
- A personal training calendar powered by TrainingPeaks.
- Log workouts and analyze heart rate, power, pace and other data.
- Receive optional daily workout notifications via e-mail.
- Upload your workouts from over 90 compatible devices.
- View workouts on the go with free apps for iPhone or Android.
- Training Resources and advice from TrainingPeaks.